Sunday 22 November 2009

The Shining Remake

To practice creating a horror film, my group attempted to recreate the hallway scene from the cult horror film "The Shining".

On watching our final film, I felt the end result came out very well. From doing this, my knowledge of media has widened enabling me to understand camera angles, filming techniques and editing techniques. I will take this together with what I have previously learnt to apply to the opening scene of the horror film that I will be creating. From doing this remake, I also found problems that I will look out for when making our horror opening. The main problem that I will look out for is the audio. When filming our remake we filmed it inside a school corridor, with classes taking place. We found we picked up background noise from the classes that made the main audio hard to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment